Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Rose


Hello friends, and welcome back, today I needed to be creative and make something fun, most of my cards are fun, but this one is extra special.  The Rose in the card is from a friend of my Mom's she is a sweet lady that lives in the same Senior Complex where my parents live.  She received this rose as a gift from her Grandson and family at Easter.  It wasn't doing so good the dirt wasn't holding water and the leaves were all falling off, a mess, so she said to my mom and I if we could save it, we said we would try.  Well I gave it a wee bit of love and some fertilizer and took the plastic wrap that was around it off, and new dirt new container.  Within a week I had two buds on it and it has been blooming every since.  I was going to give it back to her, but she was so pleased I saved it, that she said you keep it, and just take pictures for me to see it once in awhile. So I decided I should make her a card.  I hope she likes it, as this Rose is so pretty, and growing so nicely.  I think I will name it "Muriel".  Thanks again for stopping and I hope you have a wonderful day.  Cheers.

 Entering the following Challenges:
Through the Craftroom Door-ATG
Shopping Our Stash-SOS258 How does your Garden Grow?
Deep Ocean Challenge-#132 Colors of Summer
Stampavie and More-#266 Flowers
Simon Says Wednesday-ATG
Creative Moments-#96 ATG with Summer as a Twist
Crafty Creations-#318 ATG
Creative Knockouts-#147 A Charmed Life

Supplies: 6x6, Card Stock, Pattern Paper-Heartfelt Creations, Bow/Ribbon, 
Charm, Pin, Twine, Craft Foam, Photo-Rose.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow friend, this card is so beautiful! I think calling the rose Muriel is so nice - you will always think of her when you watch it bloom...gorgeous!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stunning and the bow is very elegant! I am stoked that you got to play for fun. A wonderful name for a beautiful rose❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story, and a sweet card! The thought that went into this will touch the rose-giver so much! Thanks for sharing at SOS! I look forward to seeing more of your thoughtful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful rose! I am so glad you were able to save it. Love the paper you used and that bow is absolutely gorgeous!

    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts for our Charmed Life challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Leanne: That is one sweet and beautiful story, I'm so happy you revived this gorgeous rose and what a gift this lovely card will be for your friend, I'm sure she will appreciate it so much.
    Your pattern paper is amazing and the bow is the exact color as the rose in the picture.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash, hope you join us again real soon.
    Big Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez. DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful roses! So happy you saved them. Gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says stamp Anything Goes Challenge
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect, perfect! I love the incorporation of your "live" rose in this project! Nice composition and execution. Thanks for taking the challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete